The converted A6M3 aircraft was fitted with a new set of wings with heavier gauge skin and redesigned, non-folding rounded wingtips. The wingspan was reduced to 36 feet 1 1/16 inches.
The new A6M5 was faster than the A6M3 Model 32. More important, it could now be dived at speeds of up to 410 mph and was rushed into production as the Navy Type 0 Carrier Fighter Model 52.
The Model 52 began to reach front line units in the autumn of 1943. It was immediately confronted by the new Grumman F6F Hellcat, which was slightly less manoeuvrable but much more strongly built, heavier armed, and better protected.
This 1:18 model Zero, predominantly made from metal and precision injection-moulded plastic, has built-in electronics to simulate take-off, landing, cruising and turning, together with night-lights and sound & light effects on the machine guns and canons – all using the supplied remote control.
No painting is required as all parts come fully painted.
Your model comes in approximately 450 quality parts with in-depth build instructions which are free to download from us at any time.
- Three-blade remote-controlled propeller with twistable blades
- Engine-sound recording of the only existing original Sakae Type 21
- Landing gear automatically stowed and deployed along with cover that opens and closes
- Different firing sounds and LEDs from the two machine-gun types, plus detachable magazine
- Functioning aviation lights on the wings and taillights
- Detachable drop tank and bombs
- Highly detailed cockpit with moveable canopy, pilot and interior light
- Remote-controlled ailerons
- Moveable elevators and rudder
Initial payment is of $94.99 followed by $199.99 per month. This is a monthly instalment plan over 12 months. Following this, you will be sent a box containing your next model parts every month for 11 months, your card will be charged monthly.
This is not a toy. Not suitable for children under 14 years old due to small parts. Adult supervision required.
WARNING: Some parts are assembled using magnets. These magnets can cause serious injury if they are swallowed. Keep away from children. If you suspect a magnet has been swallowed, seek medical help straight away.